Friday, August 23, 2013

A Little R&R aka Roses and Rhinestones

Hello!

Guess what?

As you're reading this, I'm moving into my apartment for my junior of college! Gah! I love being at school and being away from home. Hopefully the blog won't be affected too much by being back at school. I think I'm going to have access to a lightbox, so that should be good! I don't want my school work to take away too much of my time from the blog, so I'll find a way to make it work, PINKY PROMISE!

Anyways....look at today's nails!


My first attempt at roses! Yay! I love anything with a floral print on it (the tackier, the better!)
More after the jump:




My roses don't really look much like roses but I normally shy away from free hand manicures, so I'm glad that I attempted them. It can only improve from here....right? Right!

These nails were inspired by one of my favorite nail bloggers, The Nailasaurus! And I followed her tutorial (HERE). Check her blog out, if you haven't seen it before! Dinosaurs and nail polish are two of my favorite things so instant winner for me (:

Here's what I used for my nails:

That might be the most polishes I've ever used for one manicure before haha, wow. But this reminds me that I really need to find a better nude polish. ELF's Nude is too dark and pink for my skin tone but it's the closet I've got at the moment. Any suggestions?

Also, the rhinestones were ones I found on ebay (THESE look close). Just plop them into place either into your wet base coat or dab a little top coat where you'd like it and seal it in with topcoat. Mine normally last a few days before I start picking them off....whoops (:

More photos:


What do you think? Do you shy away from freehand nail art? Would you try these? Let me know!

Today's song:
Sombear - Incredibly Still


-Marisa (:


2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! Love the colors together :) (P.S. your Blog Your Heart Out Award nomination brought me here, congrats!)

    ReplyDelete