Monday, September 23, 2013

33 Day Challenge - Day 1: Dots

Hello lovelies!

It's Monday, boo! This post is coming a little earlier than I normally post but today marks the beginning of The Crumpet's 33 Day Challenge, and I wanted to be around a computer when this was supposed to go up. Everybody will be posting their manicures Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for the next 11 weeks! I know a lot of talented people are participating in this and honestly, it makes me nervous haha. 

But anyways, on the to nails!

Nails, Nail Art, Dotticure, Dots, Polka Dots, ELF Metal Madness, Hey Darling Polish

The first prompt for today is dots! It's a nice simple opening theme for the challenge, I think.

More after the jump:




Nails, Nail Art, Dotticure, Dots, Polka Dots, ELF Metal Madness, Hey Darling Polish

Here's what I used:

I kind of took this challenge also as an excuse to use some of my untried nail polishes and to use ones that I normally pass over. So, this was my first time using ELF's Metal Madness, which I got in a set of 3 polishes for $3, score! It's a really pretty color and surprisingly I like the metallically(?) look to it even though I prefer cremes. My only issue is that it can be a little "brushstrokey" if you aren't careful!

Nails, Nail Art, Dotticure, Dots, Polka Dots, ELF Metal Madness, Hey Darling Polish

I wish I could have picked up the sparkle from Sally Hansen's Disco Ball with my camera a little better, but when I did these nails, I was still having issues with my light box and the color balancing. These nails remind me of Halloween for some reason haha. I'm only a little over a month early, hehe (:

Nails, Nail Art, Dotticure, Dots, Polka Dots, ELF Metal Madness, Hey Darling Polish

I did enjoy wearing these nails and I think it was a nice, easy start to a long challenge! Can't wait to see what everyone else did (:

What do you think of these nails? Do you like "dotticures"? Let me know!

Today's song:

Zedd (feat. Foxes) - Clarity

Here are the upcoming prompts: 


Enjoy the rest of your Monday and make sure to check out everyone else's' nails!

-Marisa (:






2 comments:

  1. Oh, very pretty, and edgy, I love the metallic purple, and I can totally see the glitter on that sally hansen, well done!

    ReplyDelete