Friday, December 20, 2013

Indie Fridays!: Live Life Polished - All Red-y For You + Mean Green

Hello lovelies!

I hope everyone's week has gone well! I actually have tomorrow off from work which is rare haha. I really need to catch up on painting challenge nails and I'm having Doctor Who withdrawals, so I'm looking forward to it! Anyways, I'm back again with another installment of Indie Friday!

Today we're continuing on with Live Life Polished starting with All Red-y For You!

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, live life polished, hey darling polish, red, all red-y for you

I unknowingly swatched Christmas colors for this week haha!

More after the jump:



nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, live life polished, hey darling polish, red, all red-y for you

So for my pictures, I've layered 1 coat of Live Life Polished's All Red-Y For You over 2 coats of Sinful Colors Gogo Girl. This is another polish that don't think would become opaque on its own. This polish does have a red base and contains red hex glitters, white squares, and some square glitters that are almost translucent? They have a really pretty shine to them!

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, live life polished, hey darling polish, red, all red-y for you

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, live life polished, hey darling polish, red, all red-y for you

Now the glitters in this polish were kind of sparse, I even placed my bottle upside down a while before I used it and I still had a hard time getting a decent glitter payoff. If you like sparser glitters then you might like this! The red glitters get lost in my base color but because of the tinted base, I wanted to use a similar color. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of this polish, I might need to try it on other colors.

Next up is Mean Green,
nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, live life polished, hey darling polish, green, mean green

So once again, I decided to layer 1 coat of Mean Green over 2 coats of China Glaze's Four Leaf Clover. This polish has light green hexes and more of those awesomely shiny square glitters in a green tinted base! 

*Please note that any bubbling is due to my top coat, not the polish!

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, live life polished, hey darling polish, green, mean green

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, live life polished, hey darling polish, green, mean green

Personally, I feel that the glitter in this polish is a little sparse as well. There is definitely more base to glitter but I like this polish! I don't normally wear green nails but I would totally rock this polish! I think if someone enjoys glitter polishes that aren't over the top "glitter bombs" then these are the polishes for you!

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, live life polished, hey darling polish, green, mean green

Both of these polishes are a part of Live Life Polished's Glitter Collection. And sell for $6/15 mL individually or if you buy the set you get 4 polishes for $20! She even has minis of this collection!

Here are some links for Live Life Polished:

And today's song:
New Found Glory - My Friends Over You

I hope you enjoyed reading my review and have a great weekend!

-Marisa! (: