Monday, December 30, 2013

Music Monday: "Watch All The Colors In Your Spectrum Fade Grey."

Hello darlings!

I'm in a better mood today! Yay! The fact that I get 3 days off from work might be a bit of an influence on that haha. Anyways, today's Music Monday is a bit different. Up until now I've been recreating album covers but today's post was actually inspired by song lyrics and a bit more abstract! 

So let's get into to!

nails, nail art, nail polish, splodges, grey, gradient, hey darling polish, music monday


"Put yourself in my place for just one day. Watch all the colors in your spectrum fade grey.
            - The Story So Far

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, splodges, grey, gradient, hey darling polish, music monday

Here's what I used:

These nails started off with random splotches of color. I actually followed The Crumpet's Splodgerama tutorial! I then sponged on a vertical gradient to show the colors fading to grey. I think I pulled it off. This isn't probably something that I would actually wear on a regular basis and I think you lose the effect if you don't have the lyric near by but I like what I did!

nails, nail art, nail polish, splodges, grey, gradient, hey darling polish, music monday

You know for saying that I was in a better mood, I sure picked a pretty depressing song lyric to turn into nail art haha. But I was listening to this song the other day and the line really stuck with me so I decided to try and re-create it on my nails. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, splodges, grey, gradient, hey darling polish, music monday

I think I'm starting to feel better about my whole nail blogging rut (I only posted about it yesterday but eh). I really do love painting my nails and showing you guys everything. My job just puts me in a horrible mood and I feel off when I don't have any design work to work on. I've gone back to Pinterest and been looking for some cool things to try and paint on nails, lately I've just been pulling ideas from my head and I think that's why I've been feeling so uninspired. I've realised that it's hard to paint awesome nails if the only thing I'm looking at is what's in my head, if that makes sense. So get prepared for the next couple of weeks! (:

Today's song:
The Story So Far - Swords And Pens


Thanks for reading everyone!

-Marisa! (: