Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Skittles Wednesdays: Mr. Neutral + Mrs. Blues

Hello darlings!

Guess who has the day off today and actually has plans to hang out with friends? THIS GIRL! Woo! I'm so excited that I only have 1 more day of work for this break, my nails have been getting pretty beat up there lately /:

Anyways! Onto today's nails!

nails, nail polish, nail art, nail skittles, polish, neutral, blue, glitter, stripes, water spotted, china glaze for audrey, opi did you ear about van gogh?, hey darling polish

This is probably my favorite color combination I've ever used before on my nails! Yup, I said it and yup, it sort of matches my blog layout. Brownie points to me for attempting to be matchy-matchy? :P

More after the jump:



nails, nail polish, nail art, nail skittles, polish, neutral, blue, glitter, stripes, water spotted, china glaze for audrey, opi did you ear about van gogh?, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:

These nails were really just an excuse to use OPI's Did You Ear About Van Gogh? again. I've never been wiling to shell out ~$8-9 for a bottle of nail polish that wasn't Nail Envy or an indie polish. But I wanted a neutral shade and this one doesn't disappoint! I can understand the hype about OPI now and my wish list keeps on growing, sorry wallet!

nails, nail polish, nail art, nail skittles, polish, neutral, blue, glitter, stripes, water spotted, china glaze for audrey, opi did you ear about van gogh?, hey darling polish

So, I'll break these down quick. My ring finger is just a triangle that I taped off and then dotted along the sides. My middle finger is 1 coat of Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer's Shotgun Wedding! I have no idea if that was inspired by Panic! At The Disco but I'm just to keep telling myself that as to justify my spending (; My ring finger was done with the water spotted technique! I love this and you'll be seeing it again. Lastly, my pinky is just stripes!

nails, nail polish, nail art, nail skittles, polish, neutral, blue, glitter, stripes, water spotted, china glaze for audrey, opi did you ear about van gogh?, hey darling polish

I just noticed that my ring finger looks weirdly discolored in all these photos but my other fingers look fine....uhmm, you okay buddy? Not quite sure what happened there haha. Anyways, I loved these nails and I'm liking playing with neutral colors lately! I hope you enjoyed them!

Today's song:
Panic! At The Disco - Time To Dance
 

Thanks for reading!

-Marisa! (:

2 comments:

  1. I love sklittle manis and this colour combination is really very lovely. If you think US$ 8-9 is expensive for a polish, try getting OPI here. OPI retails between € 12-14 (aka US$ 16-19). Needless to say, the only OPI's I own are shatter ones I got for € 2 each.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the nails but man that is rough! That sucks that it's so expensive for you! D:

      Delete