Saturday, February 8, 2014

Nail-Art-A-Go-Go: Day 8 - Still Life

Hello lovelies!

Does anyone have any interesting plans for this weekend? If so, I'm going to vicariously live through you since mine will be spent doing homework D: Ugh. Anyways, the Nail-Art-A-Go-Go challenge is moving into it's art 101 stage. This is when things start getting difficult!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, still life, nail art a go go, yellow, purple, blue, hey darling polish, art 101

This post is bringing back bad memories of my freshmen year Beginning Drawing class. I probably spent an equal amount of time that semester in the drawing studio as I did sleeping….and I wish I was kidding…

More after the jump:



nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, still life, nail art a go go, yellow, purple, blue, hey darling polish, art 101

Here's what I used:

This was one of the first themes that I really struggled with. When I think of still life paintings, I'm reminded of all the images of flowers and bowls of fruits that I had to memorize for my Art History courses. So when, I came across Marcus Oakley's still life paintings I knew I had to paint it on my nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, still life, nail art a go go, yellow, purple, blue, hey darling polish, art 101

I attempted to breakdown this painting (here). I changed the colors because we just did primary colored nails yesterday and I didn't want to do them again haha. I really enjoy Oakley's style though, his work is really different from the paintings that I do. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, still life, nail art a go go, yellow, purple, blue, hey darling polish, art 101

I'm happy with how these nails came out. This was a hard theme but I made it work for me. What do you think?

Here's the upcoming themes?

Here's today's song:
Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance

Thanks for reading lovelies! This is the only post that I have for you today!

-Marisa! (:






4 comments:

  1. Aw, I really like this nail art!
    The challenges that you take part in are also really fun ;)

    Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I owe it all to the awesome ladies who come up with the challenges!! :D

      Delete
  2. I love this choice of colours, it is so different! This weekend for me is all about The Elder Scrolls Online Beta ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've heard of that! Haha I hope you enjoy it! (:

      Delete