Sunday, April 20, 2014

FingerFood Theme Buffet: Week 16 - Gothic

Hello lovelies!

I'm back with a nail art post for you! Yay!

Let's get onto the nails!



I think it's pretty evident that I haven't done any real free hand art in a while haha...or just the fact that circular shapes on nails is hard to do.....I pick the 2nd option! (;

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, black, rhinestones, gothic, hey darling polish, theme buffet

Here's what I used:

So, I wasn't really sure what to do for this theme. I mean I know the kind of "goth" stereotype that floated around in high school but I don't like stereotypes so that was out. I also know gothic art and architecture but couldn't think of how to get it to translate onto the nail. But I scoured pinterest and found this supposed goth necklace (here), so I used that as my inspiration! 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, black, rhinestones, gothic, hey darling polish, theme buffet

These nails started off with 2 coats of Sinful Colors Gogo Girl followed by Zoya Mimi sponged on with some saran wrap. I kind of like how the purple shimmer is faint but you know it's there. I then used acrylic paint to paint the outline. I decided to add the rhinestones since it seemed a bit plain and I'm really happy that I added them!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, black, rhinestones, gothic, hey darling polish, theme buffet

I think I like these nails. I'm not super happy with the line work but I like the rhinestones and the shimmery purple! Hopefully, this counts for the gothic theme....

Here's the upcoming themes:

And another song:
CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share
I just discovered this band this week but I'm seriously in love!

Thanks for reading and check below for more gothic nails!

-Marisa! (:







4 comments:

  1. this is a good mani for this theme you chosen the design well and did great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job of interpreting the theme. That hint of purple shimmer peeking through is amazing, too

    ReplyDelete