Friday, May 9, 2014

Indie Fridays! A Study In Polish - Sourwolf + Consulting Detective

Ello!

I'm back with my Indie Friday post! But first, I have a question. Do you guys prefer to read swatch posts where the polishes are organized by the different collections from within the brand? I just realized that I always organize my personal swatch posts into different colors but ignore the different collections. Does that bother anyone or maybe I'm just being weird? I guess I like seeing the same colors together when I plan out these posts. 

Anyways! Enough ranting onto the nails...
sourwolf, red, blue, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, purple, glitter, glitter crelliy, a study in polish, hey darling polish

This first polish is called Sourwolf!

More after the jump:



sourwolf, red, blue, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, purple, glitter, glitter crelliy, a study in polish, hey darling polish

I'm showing you guys 3 coats of Sourwolf on its own. People with shorter nails could probably get away with 2 coats or you could layer this over a similar purple. I liked the deep purple color that layering more coats created.

sourwolf, red, blue, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, purple, glitter, glitter crelliy, a study in polish, hey darling polish

I don't think I've ever seen a polish with these 3 colors combined before. The red and blue glitters in the purple base is super unique in my opinion. You also get a great amount of glitter with each coat. This polish is a win for me!

Next up is Consulting Detective!
gold, blue, consulting detective, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, purple, glitter, glitter crelliy, a study in polish, hey darling polish

I'm going to be honest I don't remember how many coats this is, I forgot to write it down! Sorry guys ): If I had to guess I would say that is was 3. You can see some nail line on my index finger but that didn't happen in person.

gold, blue, consulting detective, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, purple, glitter, glitter crelliy, a study in polish, hey darling polish

I really love this polish! The formula was great, the glitter payoff is great, and the colors are awesome together. I prefer the color of this purple base to the one above but both polishes are lovely!

gold, blue, consulting detective, nails, nail polish, polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, purple, glitter, glitter crelliy, a study in polish, hey darling polish

Here's some macros:

Both of these polishes are available for you to purchase! So, you really need to go pick these up....like now (: Oh and I actually looked to see which tv series these are inspired by! Sourwolf is from the tv show "Teen Wolf" and Consulting Detective is from "Sherlock". I've never seen there of them but hey, I'm just here for the pretty polish (;


And another song for today:
Mixtapes - Golden Sometimes

Thanks for reading guys and have a lovely weekend!

-Marisa! (:










2 comments: