Monday, May 12, 2014

Music Monday: The Material's To Weather The Storm

Ello lovelies!

I made it home! Yay for puppy cuddles and slow wi-fi? Haha, can't win them all I guess. But all of my nails did survive all of the packing and moving, so I'm pretty stoked about that. 

AND I'm doing a Music Monday post today! The prompt for the Never Ending Pile Challenge today is texture and we all know I strongly dislike textured polishes. I only own 1 and obviously its tried because that's how I figured out that I didn't like it haha! 

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, the material, to weather the storm, hey darling polish, music monday, sea, blue, grey

I haven't done a Music Monday post in so long! I've missed them, I'm running out of albums to paint, but that just gives me an excuse to go find some new bands to listen to (;

More after the jump:



nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, the material, to weather the storm, hey darling polish, music monday, sea, blue, grey

Here's the album art:
Source
Here's what I used:


I posted a preview of these nails a few days ago on Instagram because I was really happy with how they were coming out and I have to say that I really love the outcome! 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, the material, to weather the storm, hey darling polish, music monday, sea, blue, grey

The Material is a band that I have on my iPod but I don't really listen to them. I've been listening more since painting these nails though and the singer's voice is absolutely fantastic! They're definitely worth a listen.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, the material, to weather the storm, hey darling polish, music monday, sea, blue, grey

These nails were fun to do because I could try out a bunch of different things. I was able to practice some abstract art and the different kinds of framed nails. I also got to try mixing black and clear nail polish together to create a jelly like polish to darken the middle. These are a little dark for this time of year but since when have I cared? (:

Here's a song for today:
The Material - Life Vest

Thanks for reading guys! 

-Marisa! (: