Monday, June 30, 2014

Lacquer Legion: On Holiday

Hello lovelies!

Can you believe that June is basically over already? Seriously, where did this month even go? I feel like all I've done is work and I haven't even done half off the things that I said I was going to do this summer. Heck, I haven't even finished unpacking all of my stuff from school yet....Blah!

Anyways, let's get to today's nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, trees, stars, hey darling polish, lacquer legion, llonholiday

Today's Lacquer Legion post is all about being "on holiday!"




nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, trees, stars, hey darling polish, lacquer legion, llonholiday

Here's what I used:

My vacation nails probably don't look like what most people would picture vacation nails to look like but that's alright. For me, "On Holiday" is getting the chance to take a step back from technology and social media like I did when I went camping last month. And my favorite place to do this is up at my friend's camp in the Adirondacks so I painted that on my nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, trees, stars, hey darling polish, lacquer legion, llonholiday

I decided to go for a nighttime scene because I love that when you look up at the stars at my friend's camp, you actually see the stars. Living in a city when I'm away at school means that I don't get to see the stars that often. I found an awesome painting that showed a nighttime sky so I recreated it on my nails! 

nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, trees, stars, hey darling polish, lacquer legion, llonholiday

These nails kind of have a Halloween-y look to them but I love the purple background. I wish I could be up at my friend's camp instead of having to work 5 days this week haha! 

Also, quick note, if you didn't notice I added a direct link to my pattern board up in my navigation bar incase you want to take a look for some inspiration! (:

Here's the challenge graphic:

Source

And a song for today:
Lights - Lions!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:














4 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I love that you went with a night scene too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job of conveying the ambiance of camping in the woods, watching the stars. My best friend has a cabin near Mt. Rainier. It's probably one of favorite places on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Isn't camping so nice? I love it!

    ReplyDelete