Sunday, September 28, 2014

31 Day Challenge: Inspired By A Flag

Hello lovelies!

There's only four more days of the challenge left! Gah, craziness! But what might be even crazier is the amount of posts that I have coming for you guys this week....like yeah, you'll be getting a bunch of challenge manicures along with some swatches so I don't think anyone will be bored haha!

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, flags, hey darling polish, china glaze, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

For today, I painted little flag...thingys...uh yeah, I don't know what you call these sooo, flag thingys it is!




nails, nail art, nail polish, flags, hey darling polish, china glaze, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

Here's what I used:

I think today's theme might be the hardest one of the whole challenge. I mean there's probably a million different flags out there but it just seems weird to me to paint some random country's flag on my nails...and I wasn't feeling the red, white, and blue for today. But I did remember that I painted these little flags back for St. Patrick's Day which was inspired by a manicure that Meghan from Will Paint Nails For Food did, so I painted that!

nails, nail art, nail polish, flags, hey darling polish, china glaze, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

These nails started with three coats of China Glaze's Mind The Gap and a layer of HK Girl. I then painted the white line on with the acrylic paint and my striping brush. The little triangles were added with the brighter polishes and my detail brush. When the triangles had dried, I went back over the white line to clean up the edges. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, flags, hey darling polish, china glaze, 31 day challenge, 31dc2014

I have no idea where this color scheme came from and I'll admit that it's a bit odd but I thought these were cute! Also, random thought, but China Glaze bottles are really hard to hold in pictures. Does anyone else have trouble with holding certain brand's bottles, or do I just struggle? Leave me a comment below!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:








13 comments:

  1. I always struggle holding China Glaze bottles! I think this is adorable! When I did the challenge, I remember I thought it would be weird to paint a random country's flag too, so I painted a pirate flag. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cute! Love all the different colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It would be a perfect bday mani!
    And yes, some brand's bottles are so difficult.... I like squarish ones, or cylindrical ones, they are the easiest to hold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect bday mani! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're such an awkward shape! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's what it's called! That sounds so much better than flag things haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Zoya bottles are my favorite to hold!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea, and I think the colour scheme is great! :)

    ReplyDelete