Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Nail Art Link Up: Geometric Triangles

Hello lovelies!

No post yesterday...yeah...whoops. I feel like all I've been doing lately is apologizing for missing posts but you know what life happens, I caught up on some sleep and hung out with my mom. Everything's good and you guys are here for the nails.

So, let's get to them!
nails, nail art, nail polish, geometric, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup, triangles, renaissance cosmetics, l'hiver

I'm loving these!




nails, nail art, nail polish, geometric, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup, triangles, renaissance cosmetics, l'hiver

Here's what I used:

I think we're having a pretty good nail art week, I'm digging it! The pattern is my recreation of this pattern by Georgiana Paraschiv

nails, nail art, nail polish, geometric, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup, triangles, renaissance cosmetics, l'hiver

These nails started with two coats of Renaissance Cosmetics's L'Hiver and a layer of HK Girl. Then using my striping brush and acrylic paint, I freehanded on some horizontal lines and the triangle sides. That was followed by my detail brush to add the little diamonds in the vertices of the triangles. (Boom, look, I actually remembered something from all those honor math classes that I took in high school! Just don't ask me to explain calculus....). Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, geometric, hey darling polish, naillinkup, nail art ideas linkup, triangles, renaissance cosmetics, l'hiver

I've been saying it the whole post, but I really love these nails! Normally, I'd be nervous to attempt something so geometric because it doesn't leave a lot of room for error but I went for it, and I think these turned out pretty well. What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:






27 comments:

  1. How pretty! I like how soft this design is too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unique pattern. Your nail art inspires me to push myself a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! That base color looks really pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome pattern! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I love that grey base color. I really need to start actually doing manis based on my nail inspiration Pinterest board - your nail art always reminds me of the patterns I pin there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these! I saw these on social media earlier and was like, I need to go see the full post! No need to apologize for not posting, life happens to all of us! Fantastic design today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you do it! It's so perfect and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loooove this! It just started snowing here, so this reminds me of snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think these turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok I must admit I saw snowflakes in there. Am I drunk or what? It's only 9 in the morning!! I thought it was a great wintery nail art haha, my bad. To my defense, I was/am really loving it despite getting the wrong idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I love that polish, Renaissance Cosmetics has some really great polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! And awww haha, I demand that you go look through your board and doing some nail art! (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww it snowed here a little bit too, luckily nothing stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha they do kind of look like snowflakes! These would work for winter nail art too so I totally agree (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely, L'Hiver is as well

    ReplyDelete