Wednesday, December 10, 2014

52 Week Challenge: Glammy Glitter

Hello lovelies!

Guess who is officially done with the semester? Me! All my final projects are done and turned in, and I have no more meetings this week! I've caught up on all my blog reading and I'm building my vault back up for posts. So yay!

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, red, gold, glitter, indie polish, indie nail polish, shirley ann nail lacquer, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

And the best way to celebrate the end of the semester is with super sparkly nails (:




nails, nail art, nail polish, red, gold, glitter, indie polish, indie nail polish, shirley ann nail lacquer, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

Here's what I used:


Also, look round nails! If you've been reading the blog for a while you might remember that I can't stand having round nails. But I randomly decided that it was time for a change and was sick of the corners breaking, so now I have round(er) nails. Bear with me while I try and figure out the shaping, I think I did alright this time around.

nails, nail art, nail polish, red, gold, glitter, indie polish, indie nail polish, shirley ann nail lacquer, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

Okay, so, sparklies! These nails started with three coats of Not Your Mama's Cranberry Sauce and a layer of HK Girl. I then used my brush and No Chips Ahead to paint on the chevron at the base of my nail. While the topcoat was wet, I dipped my finger into the jar of gold glitters and made sure to wipe off any excess glitters. I repeated this until all my nails were done and then sealed everything in with another layer of HK Girl. If you're going to actually try and wear these, I'd recommend pressing the glitters down flat and adding a layer of Gelous before the HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, red, gold, glitter, indie polish, indie nail polish, shirley ann nail lacquer, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge

I don't know why I thought it'd be a good idea to play with loose glitter because now the stuff is everywhere! Like on my nose, my floor, the frames of my glasses, and all over my keyboard....it's cool. I do love how these turned out though!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







2 comments: