Saturday, January 24, 2015

31 Day Challenge 2015: Decals

Hello lovelies!

Can you believe that there's only one more week left of this challenge? I feel like this month has flown by!

Anywho, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, watermarble, decals, hey darling polish, hippy, 60s, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

Can you believe that this is my first ever attempt as using nail decals/stickers?




nails, nail art, nail polish, watermarble, decals, hey darling polish, hippy, 60s, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

Here's what I used:


Honestly, I was really nervous for today's prompt. Which is stupid because a lot of people use decals for nail art and they always go on about how easy they are to use. But I don't know, I like my nail art brushes and am used to those haha. Also, I had no idea if I even had any decals and I really did not want to try attempting to make my own again because last time, they were a disaster. Luckily, I remembered that my roommate's Mom had bought me some for Christmas!

nails, nail art, nail polish, watermarble, decals, hey darling polish, hippy, 60s, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

These nails started with two coats of Wisp. I then applied wig glue around my nails (yes, you read that right. Wig glue. This stuff is amazing for clean-up!!) I did a random watermarble using Tilda, For Audrey, and Lotus Begin, and then peeled off the glue. The decals were super easy to use, I just peeled them off the paper and stuck them on my nails using tweezers. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, watermarble, decals, hey darling polish, hippy, 60s, 2015 cnt 31 day challenge

I have to admit that this was a manicure that I did, photographed, and then immediately took off. The decals aren't really designs that I would ever wear and I'm not a fan of how you can see the actual sticker around the image. I might have to look into different kinds of decals though because these were really easy to use!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: