Monday, April 27, 2015

Rustic Satin Florals

Hello lovelies!

Can you believe that it's already Monday? Wow. I've honestly been dreading this Monday in particular for a while now, because this is my last week of college classes. I do want to go back to school eventually to get my Masters, or another degree (packaging design? Maybe?), or even possibly becoming a certified nail tech....and I think it's pretty clear from that last run on sentence, that I have no idea. Which is slightly terrifying. But I do know that, it won't happen for a while. A year or two off from school will be nice.

But anyways, this is a nail blog. So, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, zoya, satins, hey darling polish, distressed brushstroke, neutral, freehand

At least I have florals to combat my fears of graduating......which I totally did not plan...this manicure just happened to be next up in my nail folder, but it works!




nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, zoya, satins, hey darling polish, distressed brushstroke, neutral, freehand

Here's what I used:


These photos have actually been sitting in my folder for a little bit now (two weeks seems like a lifetime when you've been taking everything day by day.) All I remember from these, was that I wanted to use some of my new Zoyas (I was so excited for the satins, but I've only used them once so far.....) and that I wanted some sort of rustic, floral look.

nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, zoya, satins, hey darling polish, distressed brushstroke, neutral, freehand

  1. Start by applying two coats of Tove.
  2. Then using the dry brush technique, paint on some swipes of Ana.
  3. Allow that to dry.
  4. Paint on the flowers using acrylic paint and a detail brush.
  5. Dot the centers of the flowers in using a dotting tool and Rayne.
  6. Add a layer of Glossy Glam.
  7. Finish with a layer of Cult Nails's Wax That... (not pictured.)

nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, zoya, satins, hey darling polish, distressed brushstroke, neutral, freehand

I don't know if I really accomplished the whole "rustic floral" look, but these were nice to wear! Usually I lean towards bright colors and glitter, so this was a nice change of pace. 

I have a question for you guys too. Do you prefer the list of steps that I did in today's post or do you like when I type the steps out into a paragraph? I don't know why I thought I'd try the list today, but maybe it makes the process easier to understand? Maybe, let me know!

Also, I have something to share with you guys. I know I've mentioned that I've been working on my Senior Capstone project this past semester, but I never told you guys what it was. But I can tell you now! I've been working on creating a website called Polish Those Nails and it's aim is to be the go-to information resource for nail polish fanatics! I'm hoping for it to become the place that people can go to to learn about nail polish and nail art. I just finished working on the site yesterday, so there isn't much content on it yet and I'm not really going to have much time to work on it this week, but I'd love to hear your guys thoughts on the website! Please let me know any suggestions you might have for future articles or tutorials. I'd also love to get other bloggers involved in writing articles, so if you have an idea for a post feel free to email me at guestposts@polishthosenails.com! As of right now, Hey, Darling Polish! and Polish Those Nails will remain separate but I'm excited to see how far this can go!

Thank you guys so much for reading! 

-Marisa! (: